University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors
- Law Review Senior Executive Editor, Order of the Coif
- University of South Florida, B.A., cum laude
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
United States District Court
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
Lanny is a business litigation attorney with more than 35 years of experience in trials, mediation and arbitration.
Lanny’s practice is centered on the resolution of complex commercial disputes, including administrative law claims, appeals, and large class actions.
Lanny works with clients in high value disputes involving the hospitality industry, retail petroleum sales, insurance coverage, real estate development and brokerage, construction, accounting, banking and fiduciary relationships.
Lanny has published writings related to real property litigation and regularly speaks at litigation seminars.
He has twice served on the Jacksonville General Counsel Selection Committee and served as special counsel to the Florida Judicial Qualification Commission. He served as Middle District Representative to the Eleventh Circuit Judicial Conference.
Lanny’s legal work in litigation has been nationally recognized. Best Lawyers in America named him “Jacksonville Lawyer of the Year” in Litigation-Construction in 2017, 2015 and 2013, and in Litigation-Banking and Finance in 2016 and 2014. The Jacksonville Bar Association recognized him as ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in 2001.
Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer of the Year, Litigation-Construction (2017, 2015, 2013)
- Lawyer of the Year, Litigation-Banking and Finance (2016, 2014)
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Lawyer of the Year (2001)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, emeritus
- Eleventh Circuit Historical Society, Inc., trustee
- Florida Judicial Qualification Commission, special counsel
- Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions
- Fourth Judicial Circuit Grievance Commission, chair
- Fourth Middle District Court's Grievance Committee
- Hubbard House Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors, Vice President
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc., Board of Directors
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Public Library Board of Trustees, chair