- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors
- Georgetown University, M.A., Security Studies
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., with distinction
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
Michael H. Harmon
Mike is a trial lawyer working in the firm’s healthcare and litigation practice areas, concentrating in the defense of medical malpractice claims involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death.
Mike represents hospitals and individual healthcare providers in matters involving Florida’s Neurological Injury Compensation Act (NICA), the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), and licensure. He also provides expertise in Amendment 7 and in healthcare regulations, including peer review and regulatory issues.
His practice also includes trucking and construction personal injury and premises liability claims. He represents trucking and construction companies in matters involving the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and criminal issues.
Mike provides expertise in risk management issues, advising companies regarding compliance with statutes and regulations to prevent claims. He also has experience in lien resolution, appeals, insurance coverage disputes and defense issues, and general commercial litigation.
Mike earned the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) Advocate designation which demonstrates advocacy skills, including taking and defending depositions and oral advocacy expertise.
Prior to attending law school, Mike served as a Naval Intelligence Officer in the F/A-18 community.
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) Advocate
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, master
- Federalist Society
- Fourth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- United States Naval Academy (USNA) Alumni Association, Jacksonville Chapter