Our Healthcare Practice Team has extensive experience representing health systems, physicians, physician groups and other healthcare providers and organizations. We advise clients on issues across the healthcare spectrum. Our areas of focus include medical malpractice defense, the formation of healthcare entities and clinically integrated networks, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, facility and professional licensing, and fluency in healthcare compliance, regulation, and fraud and abuse.
The healthcare industry faces complex challenges and an ever-changing environment, especially today. With decades of health law experience, our attorneys are poised to handle diverse issues and offer an innovative, firsthand perspective on what is needed to manage a healthcare business and comply with the industry’s constantly evolving laws and regulations. Our Healthcare Practice Team also includes a board-certified physician and a former registered nurse, who both bring a clinical perspective to cases.
Our integrated team offers strategic counsel in many areas of law affecting our healthcare industry clients, including corporate, insurance regulation, technology, tax exemption, litigation, financing and antitrust. We aren’t afraid to take matters to trial when it’s the best approach for our clients and have successfully done so on numerous occasions. Our attorneys are also frequently called upon to speak at national and state conferences on a variety of healthcare-related issues.
Areas of focus:
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Clinically Integrated Networks and Accountable Care Organizations
- Physician Group Practice Formation and Management
- Healthcare Private Equity Investment and Acquisitions
- Health System Structuring and Governance
- Healthcare Facility and Equipment Financing
- Licensing, Permitting and Certification
- Managed Care Contracting
- Healthcare Compliance, Regulatory, and Fraud and Abuse Matters
- HIPAA and Health Data Security
- Lewis, M. Richard Jr. (Healthcare Practice Leader)