- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, M. Acc. with honors
- University of Florida, B.S., with honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
R. Christopher Dix
Chris is a shareholder in the firm’s Business Department. He counsels individuals and families regarding estates, trusts and tax issues involving the accumulation and preservation of wealth. As both an attorney and Certified Public Accountant, he has developed in-depth experience in the administration of complicated estates and trusts, including litigating disputes involving trustees, personal representatives and other individuals acting as fiduciaries.
Chris also has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Charities and Nonprofit Organizations: Chris advises charities and other nonprofit organizations regarding governance, litigation and tax issues.
- Commercial Litigation: As a technology-focused commercial litigator, Chris became one of the first attorneys in Florida to obtain the Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS) designation from the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS).
- Sports Law: Chris advises professional sports governing bodies on regulatory and governance disputes and complex contractual and commercial litigation matters. He has investigated and prosecuted dozens of professional athletes involved in match-fixing and other types of sports corruption.
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: Chris advises clients regarding data breaches, cyberstalking, cyber harassment, social media and mobile devices. He also helps companies by drafting Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions for company websites.
Chris has been named a Florida Super Lawyers — Rising Star for his legal work in electronic discovery. In 2019, he started the PG Podcast to help parents keep their children safe in a technology-driven world. In 2020, he launched the Chasing Sport Podcast, which analyzes the practical and legal impact of news in American sports.
Chris regularly speaks and publishes content regarding the areas in which he practices. A list of his recent podcasts, presentations and publications is available here.
- Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Star, E-Discovery (2017)
- American Bar Association
- The American Institute of Public Accountants
- Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS)
- The Chester Bedell Inn of Court
Florida Bar Business Law Section
- Committee on Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Jacksonville Bar Association
- Chair, Legal Technology Committee (2018 – 2019)
- Small Business Resource Network
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified E-Discovery Specialist