- University of Florida, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.A., with honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Patrick P. Coll
For more than 25 years, Patrick has represented clients in complex litigation and appellate matters in both federal and state courts. He has extensive litigation and trial experience with cases involving fiduciary litigation, estates and trust litigation, non-compete agreements, contract disputes, business valuations, business dissolution, employment disputes, business torts, intellectual property, products liability, real estate litigation, professional malpractice and other business disputes.
Patrick counsels clients in a variety of industries, including logistics, transportation, healthcare, legal and financial services, timber, manufacturing and homeowner association matters. Clients value his focus on efficient resolutions and the deep trial experience that enables him to serve as a trusted advisor and advocate.
As an active member of The Florida Bar, Patrick has served on its Professional Ethics Committee and Code and Rules of Evidence Committee, and he publishes a chapter in the Florida Civil Practice Before Trial (13th edition, 2019). In 2015, he was appointed by the Supreme Court of Florida to serve a five-year term as one of 15 members of the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, an administrative agency created by the court to implement the rules relating to bar admission. He continues to serve as an Emeritus member of the Board.
Patrick has been recognized by numerous industry peers and publications, including The Best Lawyers in America©, Florida Super Lawyers and the Florida Trend Legal Elite. He has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and is a Master of the Chester Bedell Inn of Court.
Patrick received his Juris Doctorate, with honors, from the University of Florida College of Law. While attending law school, he served as a member of the Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court team. He also received his bachelor of arts degree in history from the University of Florida, with honors.
A Florida native, Patrick grew up in Miami where he attended Christopher Columbus High School. He enjoys spending time with his wife, kids and two labrador retrievers. In his free time, you can likely find him reading history books, playing basketball, hiking or traveling.
Secured final summary judgment on behalf of an international trust company, serving as an agent for a personal representative, in connection with $75 million in claims for breach of fiduciary duty and aiding and abetting the personal representative’s breach of fiduciary duty.
Successfully defended a personal representative in an adversary proceeding related to an estate with a value of approximately $33 million against claims of breach of fiduciary duty relating to the operations of the family business and undue influence in connection with the preparation of a codicil to a will.
Successfully defended a financial advisor and his firm against a claim of negligence and breach of fiduciary duty arising out of investments made in oil and gas limited partnerships.
Obtained a successful outcome for a group of shareholders in a cardiology practice in actions relating to breach of fiduciary duty against the Chief Executive Officer for improper business relationships.
Obtained summary judgement in AAA arbitration in favor of a wrongfully terminated executive and recovered 100% of the contractual benefits due under the executive’s employment agreement.
Best Lawyers in America©
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Master
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners, Emeritus Member
- Florida Civil Practice Before Trial, Chapter 13: Motions and Orders (11th ed., 2014)
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Code and Rules of Evidence Committee, former member
- The Florida Bar, Professional Ethics Committee, former member
- The Florida Bar Foundation, fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, fellow