Smith Hulsey & Busey assists select clients in family law matters. Our practice is limited to marital agreements and dissolution proceedings involving high-net-worth assets.
As a business law firm, Smith Hulsey & Busey’s professionals are experienced with intricate asset structures and business governance issues. Our lawyers have litigated and resolved complex dissolution actions for corporate executives, closely held business owners, professional athletes and family offices with complicated financial structures. Our professionals handle these matters discreetly and objectively.
Our team offers cross-practice services arising in high-net-worth dissolutions, including estate planning and tax law issues. We also employ a network of related professionals who assist in complex dissolutions, including business valuation experts, commercial real estate appraisers, forensic accountants and medical professionals.
We advise our clients through in-depth consultations before filing a dissolution proceeding to be sure they understand how a marital dissolution may affect family asset structures and to provide strategic pre-dissolution planning.
We also help our clients navigate family issues in the most stress-free manner possible. When litigation is necessary, our experienced trial lawyers are effective and professional, with decades of courtroom experience.
Our services include:
- Managing high-net-worth dissolution actions
- Preparing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Business and property valuation strategies
- Business separations and governance disputes
- Estate planning for tax and succession purposes
- Strategic counseling for securities, investments and real estate holdings
Complex Marital Dissolution Attorneys:
- Demont, Michael E. (Complex Marital Dissolution Practice Leader)