University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors
- Law Review Articles Editor
- Florida State University, B.S., with high honors
- University of Florida, B.S., with honors
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
United States District Court
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
Michael E. Demont
Shareholder / Board of Directors
Michael is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. His expertise is in complex business litigation and insolvency matters. He has many years of trial experience in cases involving business torts, contracts, secured transactions, fraudulent transfers, financial workouts, lender liability, banking relationships and commercial paper.
Michael resolves contentious litigation involving amounts in controversy in excess of tens of millions of dollars, including credit workouts for institutional lenders in which the debts at issue ranged from $30 million to $110 million.
Michael spent twelve years serving as a business executive at The Suddath Companies, a leading provider of global transportation, warehousing and relocation related services throughout the United States. He served in leadership positions, including as president of Suddath Van Lines, Inc., where he had responsibility for financial performance of over 16 subsidiaries throughout the United States.
Michael’s tenure as a business executive, combined with his expertise as a commercial trial lawyer, enables him to be an effective and insightful business lawyer and counselor.
Michael has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America, Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Trend Legal Elite.
He served as a member of The Florida Bar Special Study Committee for the Model Rules of Professional Conduct where he assisted in the crafting and adoption of the Rules of Professional Conduct, which currently govern the legal profession in the State of Florida.
- Best Lawyers in America
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Master
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Professional Ethics Committee